Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Lover Awakened (BDB #3)



Summary
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward focuses on Zsadist and his past. As the brotherhood continues to search for Bella, Zsadist's emerging feelings for Bella start to become evident. As Zsadist fights his emerging feelings for Bella, we start to see glimpses of his past. Throughout this book, Zsadist struggles to cope with his past and reconcile his personal beliefs with his unprecedented feeling of emotions.

Review
This was a beautiful book about personal change and redemption. I think that Zsadist's story is raw and emotional. Out of all the brothers, Zsadist is the most unpredictable and has the most potential for violence. It is good to finally know the details of his past and to understand what made Zsadist so numb and uncaring. At some points during Zsadist's exploration of his past, I wanted to scream at him. He lives his life stuck in the past, and it is frustrating when he refuses to accept himself. I think that is one of the reasons I like Bella so much. She knows when to push Zsadist and voice the frustration I feel, but she also knows when to stop. Ward also explores Zsadist's relationship with his twin brother, Phury. Reading the previous BDB books, I always thought that Zsadist was an enigmatic character. I thoroughly enjoyed discovering who Zsadist is and exploring the relationship he has with his brother and the one he develops with Bella.

Rating 5 out of 5

4 comments:

  1. How many books are in the series? What number is this one? These sound like good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the third book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. There are currently 9 books out with the 10th scheduled to be released in March 2012. I really enjoy these books, but just so you know, they are romance novels with a few adult scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your review and I agree! Not that I've read further than this one, but out of all the first three this was probably my favorite. I loved how emotional it was, seeing how his life had been and then finally letting the relationship between him and Bella grow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca,
    Thank you! I think that Ward has a way of creating characters that the reader can become invested in, and it is particularly apparent in this novel. I hope that so far you have enjoyed reading this series as much as I have!

    ReplyDelete